PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — The Town Council is looking for volunteers to serve on the Charter Review Committee and other committees.
Eligible candidates must be Portsmouth registered voters.
The purpose of the Charter Review Committee is to review the Town Charter and make recommendations to the Town Council of any changes to be placed before the voters at a future election.
Volunteers also needed for the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee
- Aquidneck Island Planning Commission
- Bristol Ferry Town Common Committee
- Dog Park Operating Committee
- Economic Development Committee (INCL. Youth Rep.)
- Glen Park Working Committee
- Juvenile Hearing Board (Alternate Member)
- Lower Glen Farm Preservation Committee
- Melville Park Committee
- Solid Waste/Recycling Committee
- Tax Assessment Board of Review (Alternate Member)
- Tree Commission
- Wastewater Appeals Board
To obtain more information or an application, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office.
Applications are also available on the Town’s website at www.portsmouthri.com.
Please submit your completed application to the Town Clerk’s Office no later than January 4, 2019 at Noon.