Firefly Yoga, Wellness Festival takes place this weekend
PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — The 2019 Firefly Yoga and Wellness Festival will take place this weekend in Portsmouth. Find out more information below.
2019 Firefly Yoga/Wellness Festival
Saturday, September 14, 2019
11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Doors open at 10:30 a.m.
Glen Park, Portsmouth, RI 02871 (off Glen Road)
From the organizers:
Join us for a day of yoga, meditation, music, vendors, mystics and food. (Yoga class and workshop line up below.).
Eventbrite tickets at: https://fireflywellnessfest2019.eventbrite.com
Yoga classes will start at 11am and continue throughout the afternoon. Teachers will lead each class, incorporating their own style of yoga. Smaller focused workshops and clinics will also be offered. Enjoy the music and browse the offerings of the vendors that will be on site. Local musicians will be playing throughout the day. Wolf Moon’s Fire will be providing Tarot Card readings. The “Healing Grove”, features meditation, massage services, reflexology and more.
Sprout and Lentil of Newport will offer vegan delights and more. We hope to EXPAND our VEGAN Community and add in a talk or workshop. Juice’d Cafe of Newport and Fall River, will provide a menu of smoothies and burritos with a wide healthy selection.
This year more clinics have been added for a chance to experience new activities such as family yoga, kids yoga, kick boxing, introduction to singing bowls, A Chakras class, a Cacao ceremony, conscious eating workshop, essential oils workshop, meditation walk to the river and much more!! Fun for the whole family! MORE information to be updated.
Participating: Nanaquaket Yoga Studios in Tiverton; Tenth Gate Center for Yoga & Meditation in Portsmouth; Inner Light Yoga Center in Middletown; Seaside Yoga in Portsmouth; Be Light Yoga Studio in Westport. Breema Yoga of Colorado, The Sacred Center of Middletown, RI Vegan Awareness, and many more…
General admission costs $30 and includes parking, admission to all yoga classes, demonstrations and music. A non-yoga ticket is just $15, kids 14 and younger are free and Students are $15 with ID. Tickets available at the gate starting at 10:30 a.m. or https://fireflywellnessfest2019.eventbrite.com
Free Parking. Kid and Dog-friendly.
YOGA CLASSES for 2019
11:00-12:00 Christime Bowery (Yamas & Niyamas)
11:00-12:00 Kimberly Cipolla (Men’s Class)
12:30-1:30 Jess Patricio (Power Yoga)
12:30-1:30 Diane DeRuggerio (Your Warrior Nature Class)
2:00-3:00 Tanya Dumaine (Vinyasa Flow)
2:00-3:00 Sean O’Connor (Intesanti Workout)
3:30-4:30 Lynda West (Family)
3:30-4:30 Anie McAdam (Kundalini)
WORKSHOPS for 2019
– Arm Balances: Join Emily Lawrence of Seaside Yoga for an all levels arm balance workshop where we will work together to break down poses.
– “Eating God” Eating for Health: Living a juicier Life with food & eating with Jeanette Bessinger.
– Journey with your Chakras: Through discussion & meditation, experience the power & knowledge these wheels of light hold with Nicole Lebreux.
– Vegan 101 Talk: Learn about a Vegan Lifestyle & it’s benefits with Laura Barlow of RI Vegan Awareness.
– Pilates Demo: Get an introduction and demonstration with Colleen Aull of Aull Pilates.
– Sound Healing Workshop: Experiential mid-day meditative reset with Kimberlee Jacobsen.
– Vitality Energy & Support for All Life: Breema Yoga with Luna Lacey.
– ZenTangle Bracelet Making: Create your own bracelet with designer Suzanne Bessin.
– Cacao Ceremony: Open your hearts & the space with a sample-sized pouring from Nola Ganem.
– Essential Oils: A Roller Ball Workshop with Suanne Polverari.
– Living Your Yoga: The Transformative Power of Regular Practice & discussion led by Shelley Dungan.
– The Three R’s of Resilience: Connect with yourself, your inner resilience, with community in this experiential workshop with Rebecca Polan.
– Mindful Outdoor Experience (MOE): An outdoor sensory experience led by Stephanie Robb.
– Kitchen Witchery & The Art of Folk Herbalism: A self discovery offering for those who are new to natural remedies and aspire to learn more, with Sarah Berkman.
– Benefits of Solar: Incentives and benefits of solar on our environment with Dana Goodman of NEC Solar.