NEWPORT, R.I. — St. Paul’s Methodist Church (Barber Hall), 12 Marlborough St., Newport, will hold a Christmas Bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 7, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The fun filled day will offer a variety of Homemade Christmas Cookies, Mini Breads, Homemade Pies, Homemade Fudge, Lemon Curd, Red Pepper Jelly and Candied Apples, Books for sale, Men’s and Women’s Clothing and Jewelry, Knitted and Crocheted Items, Handmade Christmas Centerpieces and Holiday Gifts. A delightful Christmas Tea will be served and there will be door prizes.
St. Paul’s Faith Community is committed to live and practice our discipleship in Christ Jesus through our many and varied outreach programs as a congregation and community of caring individuals. Nearly every day of the week there are programs to enrich and enlighten members of our community at-large.
The proceeds from this event have supported the following:
1. Participation in the Soup’s On Program – Serving 50-65 meals per month.
2. Community Meal Hosting – A community meal served every Thursday.
3. Warm Up Wednesday – Serving hot coffee, tea and refreshments to the community.
4. Annual Coat Drive – Last year 200 coats were given away.
5. Rebuilding Together Emergency Fund – The largest volunteer network in our country to rehabilitate homes, provide an emergency fund for year-round critical repairs and energy efficient upgrades to low-income homes and residents in our community.
6. St. Paul’s hosts a variety of eleven Recovery programs weekly, six days a week.
Non-perishable foods will be collected during the Christmas Bazaar and will be donated to the Martin Luther King Center, Newport, RI. Free admission to the event and free parking available in the church parking lot. For information call the church office at 401-846-0966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.