PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — The town of Portsmouth released the following updates for assistance during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- The RI Office of Innovation has released a digital reference guide aimed to help those without home internet connection: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sClxICC62kBG6kqfCYxlvrYoL4–fLhmiv3OYOezhrU/edit
- The Governor announced the RI tax deadline has been extended from April 15th to July 15th. All residents who are able are still encouraged to pay their taxes as soon as possible.
- The RI Student Loan Authority has announced assistance with RISLA loan payments for clients who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19: https://www.risla.com/
- The Rhode Island Office of Healthy Aging (OHA) is working closely with the Rhode Island Department of Health and Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency to coordinate the state’s response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID 19). Older Rhode Islanders needing help with food or other resources are encouraged to call 401-462-4444 or 2-1-1 during normal business hours.
- Portsmouth Senior Center has established a Meal Site at their address – 110 Bristol Ferry Rd.
- Meals need to be made with a 24-hour reservation. These meals are for 60 or disabled. Delivery is not available to homes. All Portsmouth participants must pick up lunches at the Portsmouth Senior Center, 110 Bristol Ferry Rd at NOON.
- Call ahead to ensure they are ready. The Senior Center is asking for a suggested donation of $3.00 in order to sustain the program.
- Participants can call Cynthia (Director-Portsmouth Senior Center) at 401-683-4106. If no answer call 401-297-6102.