PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — OceanPoint Financial Partners, MHC, the mutual holding company of BankNewport and OceanPoint Insurance, announces the election of six new corporators for the organization, including a Portsmouth resident.
“We are happy to welcome our new Corporators, who will play an essential role in promoting our mission and vision,” said Sandra J. Pattie, President and CEO, OceanPoint Financial Partners, MHC and BankNewport. “Each offers a unique perspective on the communities served by BankNewport and OceanPoint Insurance, and we look forward to their impact as ambassadors of the organization.”
The Corporators, who were confirmed at the annual meeting held via proxy vote on Wednesday, April 29, 2020, are:
- Joseph Catelli. Mr. Catelli is the owner and president of Shoreline Properties, Inc., a builder-developer based in Rhode Island, with over 30 years of experience in the construction industry. He resides in the village of Matunuck, South Kingstown.
- Kathryn Schibler Conn. Ms. Conn is the founder of KSA Marketing, an integrated marketing agency with expertise in brand planning, marketing campaigns and media strategy. She is a recent alumna of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and a member of the Forbes Agency Council. Ms. Conn resides in Exeter.
- Ghassan H. Daou. Mr. Daou is the President, G &R Daou Inc. & RJR Daou Realty and the founder of L’Artisan Café & Bakery, with locations on the East Side of Providence and on the Bryant University campus in Smithfield. He resides in Providence.
- Adriana Dawson. Ms. Dawson is the Director of Community Engagement for Verizon, responsible for leading and expanding Verizon’s partnership network and community footprint. She resides in Pawtucket.
- Mark M. Thayer, Esq. Mr. Thayer is a partner in the law firm of Sayer Regan & Thayer, LLP and member of the Portsmouth West Side Development Advisory Committee and Portsmouth Town Charter Review Committee. He resides in Portsmouth.
- Barry M. Westall, PGA. Mr. Westall is the PGA Director of Golf at the historic Newport Country Club where he oversees the management and performance of all club operations and services. He is a lifelong resident of Jamestown.
Founded in 1819 and headquartered in Newport, BankNewport offers a full suite of loan and deposit products and services for families and businesses throughout Rhode Island. With $1.7 billion in assets, BankNewport is one of the oldest community banks in the United States and, as a mutual organization, is committed to the financial success of its customers, employees and communities. BankNewport has 18 branch locations, with commercial lending offices in Cumberland and Providence.